It seems we have some down-time this week in 2020, because we’re not rushing off to holiday dinners or parties (at least, I hope you’re not!). So take some of that time and drop in for a cocktail at one of the Miracle Bars–while observing social distancing and wearing a mask, please!
If you’re not familiar with the Miracle Bars, they’re holiday-blitzed-out-crazy-glassware-and-drinks pop-up bars, with locations in Delray Beach and West Palm Beach that are operating until Dec. 31.
Those are our two in Palm Beach County. They are open seven days a week from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., with Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Delray. Both have a full menu of holiday themed dishes:
- Miracle on Rosemary, 550 South Rosemary Avenue, #160, at Rosemary Square in West Palm Beach; https://www.rosemarysquarewpb.com/
- Miracle at Death or Glory, 116 NE 6th Avenue, Delray Beach; https://www.deathorglorybar.com/
Here are some of the drinks, all served in themed glassware:
• Bad Santa: Rum, Batavia arrack, black chai tea, date-infused oat milk, and vanilla syrup.
• Christmapolitan: Vodka, elderflower, dry vermouth, spiced cranberry sauce, lime, rosemary, and an absinthe mist.
• Christmas Carol Barrel: Blanco tequila, coffee liqueur, cocoa-nib-infused orange and cognac Gingerbread Flip: Rye whiskey, gingerbread syrup, tiki bitters, whole egg, and gingersnap cookie crumbs.
• Jingle Balls Nog: Brown butter and cinnamon fat-washed cognac, Amontillado sherry, almond milk, cream, sugar, egg, vanilla, and nutmeg.
• Koala-La La La, La La La La: Gin, pine tea cordial, grapefruit oleo, and eucalyptus bitters.
• Run Run Rudolph: Prosecco, gin, mulled wine purée, lemon, and cane syrup.
• Snowball Old-Fashioned: Caramelized pecan bourbon, spiced molasses syrup, and wormwood bitters.
- Plus two types of shots: the “Nice” shot, with rum, peppermint, tea and chocolate, and the “Naughty” shot, with bourbon and cinnamon. Try them both!