These are the biggest stories from another hectic week in Boca Raton, from Monday’s protest on Glades Road to the struggle of preparing schools for the 2020-21 school year.
- Protests over the death of George Floyd erupted around the country this week, with a significant gathering of demonstrators closing Glades Road in Boca Raton on Monday evening. We were on the scene. Read the full story here.
- Reopening Florida’s schools is proving to be the most difficult hurdle to overcome on the road to economic recovery. Read the full story here.
- The Delray Beach City Commission had a hectic week that included the settling of Ryan Boylston’s ethics complaint, filling a CRA seat, and more. Read the full story here.
- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases throughout South Florida has continued to rise, with 670 in Boca Raton as of June 5, according to the Florida Department of Health.
- What does it take to reopen a restaurant in Palm Beach County? We spoke to the Regional to find out. Read the full story here.
- What will Boca schools look like in the fall when the 2020-21 school year begins? Nobody knows for sure, but one local school already has a plan. Read the full story here.