Friday, June 5, 2020

venusii.jpg

Why Was Venus in Boca?

Tennis isn’t exactly a hobby for Venus Williams, as her 21 Grand Slam titles would attest. But the five-time singles champion at Wimbledon always...
1211.jpg

Time for Three Questions With ‘Time For Three’

Who says that garage bands have to be high-school or college kids grinding out crude, three-chord rock songs? Time for Three, a self-proclaimed "classically...
549420_hummus.jpg

Sideways in Delray makes A Comeback

I remember as late as the early 90s when Delray used to have its eccentric little nooks and crannies—at least by today’s standards—places you...
bleyer-auth.jpg

Top ‘Daily Show’ Writer Amends Our Constitution

One of the hits of last year's Festival of the Arts Boca, Emmy-winning "Daily Show" writer Kevin Bleyer is a charming fount of political...
fimg_9046_web_2.jpg

The Naked Truth

ASK ANGELA Do you have a dating dilemma for Angela? Send your question tokevin@bocamag.com, and it may appear in an upcoming installment of “The Naked...
346602_shopping_cart.jpg

Pantry Staples to Stretch the Budget

Last week I talked about how menu planning can really help with your budget. I found a great article today that talks about six...
kistopolousconstantine_bio.jpg

Play it Again, Constantine

Note: This story originally appeared in the February 2012 issue of Boca Raton. It took six years for Festival of the Arts Boca to name...
knees.jpg

Knees As Good as New

According to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, there were more than 500,000 total knee replacement procedures performed in the U.S. last year. It...
darling-companion-diane-keaton-295x300.jpg

The Week Ahead: March 6 to 12

Tuesday Screening of “Darling Companion” at Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami; $14; 305/374-2444 or www.miamifilmfestival.com Moviegoers will have a special opportunity to see “Darling...
jarc-director-honored-pic-300x375.jpg

3 Questions with Debra Hallow

The Jewish Association for Residential Care (JARC) celebrates 26 years this Sunday with a much-anticipated gala at Boca West Country Club that includes an...
X
X