Sunday, March 29, 2020

BM_FayPratt-37.jpg

Working-Class Wisdom

People line up to hear from the likes of politicians and pundits, scholars and celebrities. But what about the average working men and women...
bm_naomiberger-8.jpg

Web Extras: The Love Doctor Is In

Naomi Berger, marriage and family therapist of The Couples Place (1900 Glades Road, Boca Raton, 561/988-0375) works with couples to address and resolve differences...
mg_0124.jpg

Web Extras: Dating Stories

Catherine Tunney and Stuart Pollack Catherine Tunney and Stuart Pollack met on a rainy night, 11 years ago. They’ve been together ever since. Both Tunney...
calcavecchia_mark-2.jpg

Faces: Mark Calcavecchia

During a two-decade stretch on the PGA Tour during which he notched 13 wins, perhaps the only thing more pronounced than Mark Calcavecchia’s aggressive...

Hometown Heros: Family Promise

An interfaith Delray nonprofit gives hope to struggling families in their time of need. In the same way it takes a village to raise a...
BM_David_Hoffman-41-2.jpg

Faces: David Hoffman

A Boca resident sheds light on human-rights abuses in Iran. The Iranian government refers to it behind closed doors as “the Bahá’í question”—how to “deal”...

Five Last-Last-Last-Minute Christmas Gifts

I was one of those people I normally hate this year—presents bought and out the door two weeks before Christmas—but that doesn’t mean I...

Countdown is on for MS Gala & Fashion Show

What: 2012 MS Gala & Fashion Show, presented by DBS Financial When: Jan. 12, 2012 Where: Broward County Convention Center, Fort Lauderdale The lowdown: More than 1,200...

Boca Mourns the Passing of a Local Hero

Perhaps no one embodied Boca’s spirit of benevolence more than Gloria Drummond, who turned unthinkable tragedy—the deaths by poisoning of two of her four...

Web Extra: Cyberbullying

This past fall, I interviewed Sameer Hinduja, the 33-year-old founder of the Cyberbullying Research Center at FAU, for the December-January issue of Boca Raton...
X
X