Cheese Lovers Day gets a nod with City Cellar special
A favorite bite any time is a cheese plate, paired with a nice wine in a relaxing atmosphere. If that’s your idea of a nice night, then National Cheese Lover’s Day on Jan. 20 is your lucky day. City Cellar in CityPlace (700 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach, 561/366-0071) is celebrating with a $30 offer that includes five cheeses paired with either five wines or five beers. Add some charcuterie such as organic prosciutto, sopressata, salame al tarfufo, etc., and you’re headed into the weekend on a good note.
Two new cocktails jump into rotation at Renaissance Boca Raton
While all-day Mojito Mondays offer assorted flavors of that enticing drink for $5 at the Renaissance Boca Raton (2000 NW 19th St., Boca Raton, 561/368-5252), there are two new cocktails joining the bar crowd. The Renaissance Chill (pictured) and the Hibiscus Petal are colorful and more reasons to join the Monday through Friday happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Here are the recipes for the newcomers:
- ½ ounce fresh orange juice combined with ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- Muddle (5) small Thai basil leaves plus 1 sprig
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces of hibiscus vodka
- Pour over a rocks glass with ice
Garnish with 1 wedge of lime and 1 wedge of orange
- Combine 1 ounce white “Rhum” and 1 ounce dark rum
- Pour rum over 2 ice cubs and add crushed ice
- Add ¾ ounce raspberry balsamic gastrique
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with (4) Raspberries
Want more food news?
Sign up for our Dish e-newsletter, where you’ll get the latest food and drink news delivered directly to your inbox.