Even as we enter a new month and restrictions are being eased throughout the State of Florida, the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has continued to impact our daily lives in nearly every way. Here are some of the most important updates from another week of life in the time of COVID-19 in Boca Raton.
- Palm Beach County eased restrictions on parks, public and private golf courses, marinas, boat ramps, community pools and natural areas. Many facilities re-opened on Wednesday under federal social distancing guidelines, which are available to read here.
- The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton has risen to 450, and West Palm Beach continues to lead Palm Beach County.
- The Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce asked the City of Boca to provide small business loans as the coronavirus pandemic continues to impact the economy.
- Barry and Carole Kaye, prominent Boca Raton philanthropists, succumbed to COVID-19 and are being remembered for their generous contributions to the community.
- The Delray Beach City Commission will hold its first meeting since the onset of the pandemic next week.
- Boca Helping Hands is set to host a virtual fundraiser at 7 p.m. tonight. the fundraiser will be hosted on Facebook, and can be reached by clicking here.
- Local charities are struggling as food shortages worsen throughout the county. Click here to donate to the Palm Beach County Food Bank.
- Local arts groups such as the Wick Theater in Boca and Arts Garage in Delray Beach are struggling to survive amid mandated closures.
Resources for readers
- We have continued to share updates on restaurants that have re-opened for takeout and delivery services. Visit our food page for the latest updates.
- Many local farms are selling fresh produce directly to consumers. Here’s a list of Palm Beach County farms that are offering direct-to-consumer sales.
- The Socially Distant Supper Club group on Facebook is supporting local businesses and sharing up-to-the-minute information about local restaurants that are offering takeout and delivery. Find that group here.
- We shared our recommendations for 7 jigsaw puzzles to help beat the quarantine blues.
- The Miami Book Fair began hosting virtual author readings and conversations as part of its “Physically Distanced/Socially Engaged” initiative. We shared a few that we’re looking forward to, most of which are free to attend.