Today, the City of Boca Raton has issued a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” emergency order for all residents in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The order will take effect for everyone living within city limits beginning Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 12:01 AM.
A statement released by the city via email notes that “people should remain in their homes or on their own property.” The city’s website states that essential retail and commercial activities are still allowed once the order takes effect. “Residents and visitors may engage in essential retail and commercial activities and travel to or from essential retail and commercial businesses.” The list of travel that will be allowed includes the following:
- Work- if the business meets the definition of essential
- Pet supplies
- See a healthcare professional, if needed
- Pickup food from a restaurant
- Gas or repairs for your car
- Bank or ATM
- Obtain supplies you need to work from home
- Any additional products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operation of residences.
The order also allows for outdoor recreational activities. According to the statement on the city’s website, “residents and visitors may engage in outdoor activity and recreation, including, without limitation, walking, hiking, running or cycling in areas not otherwise closed to the public, while maintaining social distancing of 6 feet apart.”