As the coronavirus pandemic continues to unfold, its effects are being felt more and more in Boca Raton and the surrounding areas. Here are some of the most important updates from another week of developments.
- The City of Delray Beach issued a stay-home order and curfew for all residents.
- The Health Care District of Palm Beach County began operating a drive-thru coronavirus testing site at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches in West Palm Beach on March 31.
- A new drive-thru coronavirus testing site is set to open in West Delray.
- The Coronavirus Recession began to impact the real estate market, and Tourism Tax revenue plummeted in Palm Beach County.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis officially enacted a statewide stay-home order after facing increasing criticism for his initial reluctance to do so.
- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Boca Raton rose to more than 100, and currently stands at 142. It is the tenth highest number of any city in Florida, and the highest of any city in Palm Beach County.
- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Delray Beach reached 107, the 15th highest number of any city in Florida.
- The number of cases continues to rise, with 781 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, and 9,585 throughout the State of Florida, with 163 deaths statewide.