Turkey To Go: Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Do you want to stay home on Thanksgiving, but don’t want to cook? Here’s an option: Eau Palm Beach Resort is taking orders through Nov. 20 for Turkey To Go, its program with resort chefs cooking either a full dinner for 4-6 people, or just buying sides as you need them. The orders will be ready Nov. 24, with pickup time that day between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. For $295, the full meal includes Kai-Kai Farm roasted butternut squash soup, Swank Farm baby mixed greens salad and trimmings; oven-roasted, organic Plainville Farms turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce (pictured), Brussels sprouts, smoked bacon, candied yams, gravy, potatoes and cranberry-orange sauce. And a choice of a pie. For orders, call 561/540-4924.
Need Thanksgiving reservations? Here are Palm Beach County choices:
- Pistache, 101 N. Clematis St., West Palm Beach; 561/833-5090. A prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner at this classic French restaurant will include onion soup gratinee, turkey, Florida Pompano, beef bourguignon, crème brulee and more. Cost is $59 per person, excluding tax/gratuity; $25 for kids. Dinner starts at 5:30 p.m.
- City Tap House, 700 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach; 561/508-8525. New to the CityPlace scene, City Tap will celebrate “Friendsgiving” with its new South Florida family. The meal includes a Thanksgiving buffet with items like oven-roasted turkey breast, confit turkey leg, potato dishes including mashed potatoes and potatoes au gratin and casseroles like sweet potato and classic green bean. Desserts include pumpkin cheesecake and a selection of cupcakes. The buffet is priced at $35 for adults, $15 for children.
- Okeechobee Steakhouse, 2854 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561/683-5151. A staple and classic steakhouse, the Thanksgiving dinner is $30.99 for adults; $15.99 for kids. The meal will include a traditional turkey dinner with salad, stuffing, gravy and the works. Reservations suggested.
- The Addison, 2 E. Camino Real; 561/372-0568. This catering/event venue is hosting a Thanksgiving feast for the public on Nov. 24, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. There will be a kid’s activities, live music and a gourmet buffet with traditional and modern dishes. Cost is $89.95 per person, plus tax/gratuity; kids under 12 are half-price. Reservations required.
- Café Boulud, 301 Australian Ave., Palm Beach; 561/655-6060. A gourmet prix-fixe dinner at this chic restaurant on Thanksgiving, from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. will include Chef Rick Mace’s take on traditional holiday dishes. The three-course meal is $99 per person.
- 50 Ocean, 50 S. Ocean Blvd., Delray Beach; 561/278-3364. Have Thanksgiving on the edge of the Atlantic at 50 Ocean, and start it with a Rum Fashioned (pictured), made with a blend of rum, clove-infused maple syrup, orange bitters and garnished with Filthy cherries (yes, that’s Filthy – it’s a brand!). Then move onto the three-course prix-fixe dinner for $39 per person, served from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. With pumpkin bisque, roasted turkey, pumpkin cake and more.
- Brandon’s, Kimpton Tideline Ocean Resort, 2842 S. Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach; 561/540-6444. In a gorgeous setting – the beach in Palm Beach – this resort’s Thanksgiving Day buffet will offer traditional holiday dishes, and signature menu items. Cost is $75 per person, $45 for kids 13 and under.
- Tanzy Restaurant, 301 Plaza Real, Mizner Park; 561/922-6699. A prix-fixe, four-course meal for Thanksgiving will include acorn squash bisque, autumn salad, roasted turkey breast and the fixings, three-layer silken pumpkin pie (yum!) and more. Cost is $45 per person, $20 for kids 12 and under.
- Chez L’Epicier 288 S. County Road, Palm Beach; 561/508-7030. This intimate Palm Beach venue is having a prix-fixe dinner for Thanksgiving from Nov. 24 through Nov. 27, starting at 5:30 p.m. each evening. Start with an amuse bouche, then a first course with options mushroom veloute or roasted squash salad, the next course has au gratin oysters or duck and chestnut pate and lots more. Cost is $70 per person, tax and gratuity not included.
- Farmer’s Table, 1901 N. Military Trail; 561/417-5836. Tucked next to the Wyndham Hotel Boca Raton is this gem of a restaurant that’s offering a three-course, prix-fixe meal for Thanksgiving. Includes bisque or a salad, Plainville Heritage Turkey (or a vegan option) and dessert. Cost is $45 per person, $22.50 for kids 10 and under.
- Avocado Grill, 125 Datura St., West Palm Beach; 561/623-0822. This award-winning restaurant right off the Intracoastal in downtown West Palm Beach will have a Thanksgiving Day three-course, prix-fixe meal. For $47 per person, $25 for kids, it will include options such as jumbo lump crab and avocado, crispy fish tacos, traditional turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes, mussels and fries, grilled hangar steak, risotto and more.
- Spoto’s Oyster Bar, 4560 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens; 561/776-9448. From noon to 7 p.m., a holiday menu with traditional favorites, seafood and surf-and-turf classics will be offered. Dishes include roasted turkey dinner, lobster risotto, Maryland crab cakes, a shellfish tower, filet mignon, pretzel-crusted grouper, and more. All a la carte. Reservations suggested.