- Farmer’s Table: From Dec. 23 to Dec. 25, holiday meals are offered (regular hours, closing at 9 p.m. on Dec. 24), and a holiday brunch during the same days, from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Remember dish options include gluten-free, vegan and everything else, too. 1901 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton; 561/417-5836
New Year’s options
- Avant: Two seatings for New Year’s Eve. First seating is 6 p.m. to 8:45 p.m., with a five-course meal from the small plates and cost is $68 per person. Second seating is from 9 p.m. to midnight and includes six courses, a DJ, party favors and a Champagne toast; cost is $128 per person. 25 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach; 561/821-8687
- Piñon Grill: For New Year’s Eve, a prix-fixe surf & turf dinner for $52 per person. 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton; 561/391-7770
- Sant Ambroeus: New Year’s Eve means the a la carte menu is offered, along with a prix-fixe menu with Champagne toast for $125 per person. There will be live music, and the bar will be open till 1 a.m. 340 Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach; 561/285-7990
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa: At Temple Orange Mediterranean Bistro, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., two prix-fixe menus offered. One is a four-course meal for $95 per person, the other is a five-course meal for $175 per person. There’s a party in the Plaza Ballroom for $85 per person; $49 for those under 21, that includes hors d’oeuvres, a DJ, Champagne toast and balloon drop. 100 S. Ocean Blvd., Manalapan; 561/533-6000
Lynn Kalber was raised in Boca Raton and has spent her life working in Palm Beach and Broward counties. She is a career journalist, with 26 years at The Palm Beach Post alone, where she wrote feature and food articles, edited the food section and wrote about wine as part of the Swirl Girls. She lives in West Palm Beach with her husband, writer and author Scott Eyman.