This is a repeating eventmay 13, 2020 8:15 am
United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention, in collaboration with the Broward Behavioral Health Coalition and Signature Grand, present the 6th Annual Behavioral Health Conference:
United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention, in collaboration with the Broward Behavioral Health Coalition and Signature Grand, present the 6th Annual Behavioral Health Conference: The Power of Prevention, a two-day conference promoting community awareness and support of behavioral health and substance use prevention.
• The Conference will provide a two-day forum for participants to learn, be informed, network and discuss issues related to research, policy and practice. Participants will expand professional knowledge; provide quality continuing education to behavioral health professionals; and promote community awareness of behavioral health and substance abuse prevention.
• On May 12, Dr. Jerry Reed will present a morning keynote session entitled: Zero Suicide: Doing what we know needs to be done. Other renowned behavioral health experts will lead a panel discussion during the luncheon moderated by Judge Ginger Lerner-Wren, during the luncheon regarding, suicide prevention and using national best practices locally.
o Dr. Jerry Reed, Ph.D., M.S.W., Senior Vice President for Practice Leadership at the Education Development Center, Inc., (EDC). His areas of expertise include suicide, injury and violence prevention, public policy, geriatrics, and health.
o Dr. April Foreman, Ph.D., a Suicide Prevention Coordinator with Southeast Louisiana Healthcare System, serving Veterans in Baton Rouge. Her clinical skills include practical problem-solving to prevent suicide in US Veterans.
o Dr. Thomas Joiner, Ph.D., a Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Director at Florida State University Psychology Clinic. His focus is on the study of the nature, causes, and management of suicidal behavior and related disorders (e.g., eating disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders).
o Dr. William “Bill” Schmitz, Jr., Psy.D., a Clinical Psychologist, Department of Veterans Affairs and is Past-President of The American Association of Suicidology.
• On May 13, the keynote luncheon speaker will be Joseph Green, a spoken word educator and motivational speaker discussing recovery and substance use prevention:
o Joseph Green, a spoken word artist, educator, motivational speaker and a believer in transformation. His powerful, honest and often humorous style captures both youth and adults’ attention and explores universal themes of self-reflection and personal experience.
• Conference Tracks will include: Organizational Excellence, Suicide Prevention, Professional Development, Evidence-Based Prevention, Trauma Informed Prevention and Special Populations.
• Participants will also have the opportunity to earn CEU credits.
SPONSORS: Broward Behavioral Health Coalition and Signature Grand
DETAILS: Early Registration ends on March 27: $85
Registration from March 28 – April 24: $105
Breakfast & Lunch is included
Business Attire, Free Parking
To register for this event visit UnitedWayBroward.org/BHC2020
For more information, the public can contact Shani Gorman at sgorman@UnitedWayBroward.org or call 954.453.3740.