If you are a veteran, or a member of a veteran’s family, or support veterans, you can dine and save, or help donate by purchasing meals today at some area restaurants. Here are the details:
Boston’s offers free meals to members of U.S. armed forces
In what’s become an annual event for Boston’s on the Beach (40 S. Ocean Blvd., Delray Beach; 561/278-3364), the restaurant is offering free meals to veterans, both retired and current, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Nov. 11. That’s a complimentary lunch or dinner item, up to $16, such as the Bistro Style Tacos (pictured). Military ID or proof of service is required. A nice gesture to worthy patrons!
HOW event Dine for Veterans pairs dining and donations
The Help Our Wounded foundation in Delray Beach has partnered with Martin, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami/Dade counties to have restaurants donate a portion of the proceeds for business from Nov. 6 to Nov. 11. Then 100 percent of the donations go to veterans. So today, here are the restaurants in Palm Beach County that are helping this effort from 7 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (or as stipulated here). For more info, see www.dineforveterans.com.
- Another Broken Egg Cafe, Delray Beach — breakfast and brunch
- BRGR STOP, Coconut Creek — lunch and dinner
- Café 5150 — special lunch & dinner menu
- Caffé Luna Rosa, Delray Beach — lunch & dinner service
- Don Che Bistro, Boynton Beach — dinner service
- Gourmet Killer Dogs, Delray Beach — lunch & dinner
- Heroes Sports Bar and Grill, Lantana — exclusive lunch & dinner specials
- Oceans 234, Deerfield Beach — Lunch and Dinner Service
- The Living Room, Boynton Beach — Dinner and Bar Service
- The Wishing Well, Boca Raton — Happy Hour, 3 to 8 p.m.
- Wings N’ Things, Pompano Beach — $3 donation from Every Rack of Ribs
Veterans save 10 percent at Publix
Last, but not least, Publix will save service members and their families 10 percent on shopping on Veterans Day. That’s a pretty good deal!