Get into the spooky spirit by mixing up these cocktails at home. Who needs candy when you can enjoy one of these wicked sips? Well, actually, we still need candy too! Happy Halloween!
Local expert mixologists are sharing a few of their Halloween cocktail recipes that they are serving guests this season.
A delightfully spooky treat from the lobby bar at PGA National Resort.
- 1.5 oz. Hennessey
- .5 oz. Gran Gala (orange-vanilla liqueur)
- .5 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. Pumpkin Spice Mix (To make Pumpkin Spice Mix: 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon clove in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until heated through and very fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes, then fine strain.)
- 1 oz. Torched Cinnamon Powder
Build in tin, shake, double strain, and serve in Coupe Glass.
Also from the PGA National Resort lobby bar, these boozy cherries are enough to make a vampire swoon.
- 1.5 oz. Woodford Reserve Bourbon cherries (8 Amarena cherries, 1 liter bottle of Woodford Reserve) Sit for one day and fine strain
- .5 oz. Apple Cider Demerara (1:1 sugar in the raw and apple cider) Simmer and Cool
- 3 Dashes Garam Masala Bitters
Build in mixing glass, stir and serve over a large ice cube. Garnish with two white chocolate Amarena cherries.
Over at chef Jeremy Ford’s The Butcher’s Club, mixologists have created this treat for patrons.
- 1.5 oz. Tequila Reposado
- .5 oz. Mezcal
- .5 oz. Sweet Potato Purée
To make the sweet potato purée use 2 sweet potatoes, 2 cups of water and spice mix of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves. Simmer all together and strain with a cheese cloth.
Fill a cocktail shaker with tequila reposado, mezcal and sweet potato purée and give a strong shake.
Serve in a Nick & Nora glass and top with marshmallow fluff and torch until lightly toasted.
Eye Of The Spider
Cutwater Spirits is getting creepy with this vodka-infused cocktail.
- 1.5 oz. Cutwater Spirits vodka
- 1 oz. St. George NOLA coffee liqueur
- .5 oz. creme de cacao
- 4 oz. whipped cream
- 1 oz. cinnamon syrup
Combine ingredients in a cocktail stirring glass. Add ice and stir until ice begins to melt and cocktail is properly diluted. Strain into chilled coupe glass. Add heavy cream and cinnamon syrup to cocktail shaker. Shake (without ice) until cream turns light and airy. Float whipped cream on top of cocktail and garnish with a hand-drawn spider web and sugar eyeball.