Our Impact 100 group in southern Palm Beach County—those 500+ women who donate $1,000 each to fund five non profits with $100,000 grants—has announced its 10 finalists for this year’s awards. The awards will be announced on May 28 of this year.
“Each of the finalist programs have the potential to positively change different aspects of our community in an impactful way,” said Kathy Adkins, President of Impact 100 Palm Beach County. “During this time of great uncertainty, it’s gratifying to know these grants will help improve and strengthen our community. Although we wish the Grand Awards Celebration could be done in person, we are looking forward to announcing the nonprofit winners on May 28 on our website and social media platforms.”
Here are the 10 contenders in the five focus areas of arts, culture and historic preservation; education; environment and animal welfare; family; and health and wellness:
- Boca Helping Hands: Enhancing the Lives of Children and Families Through Food Storage Expansion
- Coastal Conservation Association, Inc.: Delray Dredge Hole Artificial Reef
- CityHouse, Inc.: Home and Hope
- Community Greening Corporation: Community Tree Champion
- Compass, Inc.: Compass HEALS
- FAU Foundation, Inc. Department of Music: Keep the Music Playing!
- GIVT, Inc.: PERIOD
- Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast: JA BizTown Mobile
- Roots and Wings, Inc.: Project Uplift
- Spady Cultural Heritage Museum: Digitzing Black History in South Palm Beach County