Five happy winners enjoyed a great weekend after Impact 100 Palm Beach County announced the nonprofit recipients of this year’s $100,000 high-impact grants on Thursday, May 28. Designed to help fund “transformational” community programs, the grants are awarded annually to nonprofits in southern Palm Beach County—between Boca Raton and Lake Worth, and selected from a finalist list of 10 contenders.
“Each of the finalist programs have the potential to positively change different aspects of our community in an impactful way,” said Kathy Adkins, President of Impact 100 Palm Beach County. “During this time of great uncertainty, it’s gratifying to know these grants will help improve and strengthen our community.”
This year’s winners are:
- For Arts, Culture and Historic Preservation, FAU Foundation, Inc. Department of Music, “Keep the Music Playing!” (Weekly mentoring program for high-risk students)
- For Education, Roots and Wings, Inc., Project Uplift (a pilot reading and reading comprehension program for third graders)
- For Environmental and Animal Welfare, Community Greening Corporation, Community Tree Champion (restoring urban groves and tree canopy)
- For Family: CityHouse, Inc., Home and Hope (providing hope and renewal to single mothers and homeless children)
- For Health and Wellness, GIVT, Period (feminine hygiene care for impoverished students)
Congratulations to the winners and other finalists, and to Impact 100, now a sheer force in our community.
Impact 100 is a women’s 501c3 nonprofit organization funding local nonprofit initiatives. It is comprised of a growing number of more than 500 women who donate $1,000 annually. The Impact 100 funds are pooled and members vote to award grants to nonprofits serving southern Palm Beach County in five focus areas: Arts, Culture and Historic Preservation; Education; Environment and Animal Welfare; Family; and Health and Wellness. Since its inception, Impact 100 Palm Beach County has awarded more than $3.3 million in grants.
For more information about Impact 100 PBC or to join this chapter, please visit www.impact100pbc.org or call 561/336-4623.