One of our favorite local chefs, Lindsay Autry, shared her Pickled Shrimp recipe for our enjoyment. See below:
- 1 pound medium pink shrimp; shell-on preferably
- 3 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning; divided
- 2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, picked into small pieces
- 2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 dried or fresh bay leaves
- 2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
Bring 2 tablespoons Old Bay and 8 cups water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan; add shrimp, reduce heat to low, and cook until shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes.
Remove shrimp from liquid or strain into a colander, and cool on a sheet tray or large platter.
Peel and devein the shrimp if using shell-on.
Combine all remaining ingredients, including 1 teaspoon Old Bay, in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Add the chilled shrimp and toss to mix well. Store shrimp and liquid in a glass jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.