We’ll let a lot of things get in our way when it comes to COVID-19, but Halloween is not one of them. We repeat: HALLOWEEN IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Just because The Addison in Boca Raton isn’t doing their annual party (which we live for every single year) doesn’t mean Halloween is canceled. It’s our favorite holiday, and we absolutely refuse to acknowledge anyone that begs to differ on this subject. As you can see, we chose costumes that would work well for “friends,” but you can add couples or singles elements to these ideas if you don’t have a bestie to share Halloween with this year.
All you last-minute Halloweeners out there are in luck, because we’re spotlighting the best of the best of our past Halloween costumes, which also happen to be available at your nearest Target, Walmart, Spirit Halloween store, and/or on Amazon Prime. As you know we take Halloween VERY seriously at LLScene. We happen to be the 2018 winners of the Halloween costume contest at The Addison, which is one of the most prestigious awards you can win in Boca Raton–in our opinion, of course.
Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan
Let’s start with the costumes we are most proud of: Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan. These are the costumes that nailed us the 2018 title at The Addison. Not only will this be a hit, but it’s also something you can easily put together by Saturday. Curl your hair and wear it half up/half town and try to look as tacky as you possibly can.
What you will need to pull this off:
- Ice Skating Dress + Leotard (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- Women’s Opaque Tights (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- White Slouchy Socks (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- Women’s Keds – Although you can wear any white sneaker and still pull this off (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- If You’re Tonya: Blonde Clip-In Bangs (also can be found at your nearest Sallys Beauty Supply store)
- If you’re Tonya: A long black stick. You may have something like this laying around the house or in your garage, we used a selfie stick for this prop and no one could tell.
- If you’re Nancy: An ace bandage to wrap around your knee (you can find this ANYWHERE: CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Target, Walmart…etc) If you want to get a little extra, add a little fake blood to the knee area and remember that she was hit on the right knee.
- Ice Skates: One of the most important parts of the costume. You can find these on Amazon and get them in time, but we found ours on Facebook Marketplace, (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- Ice Skate Guards: These are very CRUCIAL. We learned quickly how dangerous the bottom of ice skates are and they aren’t easy to come by locally, so we highly recommend ordering these on Amazon Prime, which provides a one-day delivery for $9.99.
Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl
This is probably the easiest and most timely costume to pull off. As you know, we go the “bestie” route every year, so this was a no brainer for us since we are such big fans of Gossip Girl. Give us a blonde and a brunette and we are set for Halloween! We chose the school uniform route for this theme, but there are so many others out there that you can do for Blair and Serena. Google: Gossip Girl Halloween Costumes and you should be good to go.
What you will need to pull this off:
- For Blair and Serena: School girl skirts (also can be found at your nearest Walmart)
- For Blair and Serena: Women’s White Button Down Top: (also can be found at your nearest Walmart)
- For Blair and Serena: Over-the-Knee Boots. Chances are you have a pair of these, so we recommend any style or color that compliments your schoolgirl skirt, but if you don’t have a pair, Target or Amazon Prime to the rescue!
- For Blair: A red cardigan (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- For Blair: Her signature headband, (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- For Blair: A bowtie. She always wore a buttoned-up bowtie with this look.
- For Serena: She wasn’t always as polished as Blair, so unbutton that white shirt a little, show some skin, untuck it, and pair it with a loose-fitting tie.
- For Serena: She was prone to wearing grey color schemes to school so we recommend this open cardigan for this look.
Marie Antoinette and Anne Boleyn
We went “back in time” with this one and got a little extra, but we still think you have time to make it happen if you visit your closest Spirit Halloween store. We were drawn to these women because they were strong-willed, never backed down, and eventually got their heads chopped off because of it. Not fun, but historic perfection for besties. We decided to take it up a notch with an intense amount of horror makeup and neck prosthetics purchased at a Spirit Halloween Store. They have all of this in their Halloween makeup section.
What you will need to pull this off:
- For Marie Antoinette: A huge blonde wig or teased hair extensions, (which also can be found at your nearest Spirit Halloween store.)
- For Marie Antoinette: You can get the full-on costume off of Amazon Prime in time. But, any bright “medieval costume” will do if you’re in a bind for time. *Note: this particular costume runs big.
- For Marie Antoinette: She was known for being outrageously fabulous and for wearing ships and bows in her hair. It’s quite a process, but you can clip mini ships or bows into your wig if you really want to complete the look.
- For Marie Antoinette: She was always known for her unique hand fans, which is a signature look for our Marie Antoinette.
- For Anne Boleyn: You can get Lindsey’s entire Anne Boleyn costume off of Amazon Prime or go the “medieval costume” route as well. We would recommend something a little darker for dear Anne.
- For Anne Boleyn: Anne’s signature “Pearl B” necklace is crucial to pull off this costume completely. It’s what she was always known for and can be found on Amazon for $9.99.
Regina George and Gretchen Wieners
This is probably the easiest and most popular “bestie costume” to pull off because you can add other friends to it because of the variety of characters they have in the movie. We chose Regina George and Gretchen Wieners. Much like the Gossip Girl costumes, there are a variety of different looks you can incorporate from the movie. This is also a fun costume if you have little ones as well.
- For Regina George: White Ribbed Tank Top, which you will cut holes on, (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- For Regina George: A purple bra, a crucial part of the costume for obvious reasons. Make sure it’s the same purple as we have shown in the photo, (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- For Regina George: A Grey Cardigan: Something Regina wears on and off during this scene, (also can be found at your nearest Target or Walmart)
- For Regina George: Black Pleather Skirt: A signature “Regina” staple you can find anywhere or most likely already have.
- For Gretchen Weiners: A Black Pleather Full-Length Jumpsuit inspired by the Halloween costume Gretchen wore in the movie. Your best bet is to get this at your nearest Spirit Halloween store, but here it is on Amazon as well.
- For Gretchen Weiners: Leopard Cat Ears, (also can be found at your nearest Spirit Halloween Store, Target, or Walmart)
- The Burn Book: Yes, you can get a notebook that looks exactly like the actual Burn Book from the movie off of Amazon Prime for $5.99 and it ships in one day. You’re welcome.
We know that Halloween is going to be different this year, and a lot of our readers are trying to decide between dressing up and doing anything at all, but we hope this brought a little Halloween spirit to your day. And, if you’re in a bind and need a last-minute Halloween costume, you can take this trip down memory lane with us for a little inspiration.