It’s national comfort day, uh, National Mac & Cheese Day today, so I Heart Mac & Cheese is bringing you some deals.
Today only, the fast-casual chain is offering a free classic mac & cheese bowl when you buy another entrée at its regular price.
Plus, Chef Michael Blum has given us his Mac Daddy Madness Bowl recipe, which serves three to four people. Dinner has never looked so inviting! Happy Comfort Day, y’all!
Mac Daddy Madness Bowl
- 16 oz. of cooked cavatappi pasta (this is 8 oz. of dried pasta)
- 10 oz. of your favorite cheese sauce (reserve 2 oz. to top the mac and cheese after baking)
- 4 oz. cooked corn kernels
- 2 oz. fine diced red onions
- 3 oz. Muenster cheese
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 5 oz. diced grilled chicken
- 4 oz. chopped crispy bacon
- 2 oz. lightly toasted breadcrumbs
- Truffle oil to taste
1) Boil pasta until al dente and cool. Place in bowl.
2) Add all ingredients except the 2 oz. of cheese sauce, the breadcrumbs and truffle oil into the bowl with the pasta and mix completely.
3) Place mixture in baking dish & bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
4) Take out of oven and pour remaining cheese sauce on top, followed by desired amount of truffle oil and finish off with toasted breadcrumbs.