June is National Steak Month (who knew?) so we couldn’t help dreaming up ways to slip out of the broiling heat and into a dark clubby place with schooner-sized martinis and really good aged beef.
But who can do that all the time?
Do not get me wrong: If I am walking into a steak house I am ordering a steak. Period. But for most people, there are yummy menu alternatives if you actually feel like avoiding a big thick juicy ribeye. Here are some of our favorite menu items that are not steak at a few of our favorite chophouses:
- The famous whole roasted cauliflower (above) – Meat Market Palm Beach, 191 Bradley Place, Palm Beach, 561/354-9800
- The whole bacon appetizer – Council Oak at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale, 954/327-7501
- The magnificent dry aged meatball – Okeechobee Steakhouse, 2854 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, 561/683-5151
- The blue crab dumplings – Flagler Steakhouse at The Breakers, 25 County Road, Palm Beach, 855/435-2053
- The vegetable ravioli – III Forks Palm Beach Gardens, 4645 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens, 561/630-3660
- The Blue Point Oysters Rockefeller – Chops Lobster Bar, 101 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, 561/395-2675