A number of City of Boca Raton facilities and private businesses have begun to resume operations now that Palm Beach County has officially entered Phase 2 reopening. The beginning of Phase 2 comes six months after a wide swath of closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Boca Raton facilities that have reopened to the public this week (some with modified hours) are as follows:
- Boca Raton City Hall is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Boca Raton Building Department is open to the public Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- The Boca Raton Community Centers at Memorial Park (next to City Hall), Sugar Sand Park and Patch Reef Park are open for walk-in permit sales Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The Memorial Park location is also open Saturday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Boca Raton Public Library’s downtown and Spanish River branches are open Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. with a 30-minute browsing limit.
All of the City of Boca Raton’s parks and playgrounds have returned to normal operating hours. The details are as follows:
- Sugar Sand Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Countess de Hoernle Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Patch Reef Park, 7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Red Reef Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sand Pine Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p. m.
- Hughes Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Memorial Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Meadows Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- University Woodlands Park, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
In addition, the city’s tennis and racquet centers have expanded their hours.
- Patch Reef Tennis Center, Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Boca Raton Tennis Center, Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- The Racquet Center, Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 8p.m., Saturday & Sunday 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For more information about city facilities during Phase 2 reopening, visit www.myboca.us.
In addition to city facilities reopening and resuming normal hours, a number of private businesses are now able to resume operations at limited capacity. These include, but are not limited to:
- Movie theaters
- The Cinemark Palace movie theater on Airport Road in Boca Raton will resume operations this Friday, Sep. 11
- Bowling alleys
- Skating centers
- Escape rooms
- Indoor seating at restaurants will remain at 50%, but bar-top food service will be allowed to resume and outdoor seating can rise to 100%.
Gyms, museums, and retail stores can now operate at full capacity.