Update: The winners are here! Thank you to all of our fabulous readers for your thoughtful and creative submissions. Click here to see the top three winning entries to the Socially Distant Summer 2020 Photo Contest.
Boca magazine is pleased to announce our Socially Distant Summer 2020 photo contest, in partnership with the Boca Raton Historical Society. We want to see how YOU are making the most of your summer during the COVID-19 pandemic in Boca Raton, and we invite you to join us in celebrating the bright side of this strange and unprecedented time.
To enter, submit the one photo and a catchy caption that best represent your summer in Boca Raton during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are two ways to enter:
- Post you photo on Instagram, tag @bocamag & @bocahistory, and use the hashtag #BocaSummer2020.
- Submit your photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (but don’t forget the caption!)
The winner will be determined by a jury of three judges:
- Mary Csar, Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum Executive Director
- Lori Pierino, Boca magazine Art Director
- Michelle Olson-Rogers, founder of ModernBocaMom.com and Boca magazine columnist.
The winner of the Socially Distant Summer 2020 Photo Contest will have their photo featured in the November/December issue of Boca magazine, as well as on the Instagram and Facebook pages of both Boca magazine and the Boca Raton Historical Society. The winner and their photo will also be featured in a blog on bocamag.com and receive a Boca Goes Live virtual live chat interview to expand on their winning photo, PLUS a one-year individual membership to Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum!
The contest begins today, and the submission deadline is Friday, August 21. We can’t wait to see your photos and learn about how you’ve been making the most of your socially distant summer in Boca Raton!