I value creativity and imagination above most other attributes—except, of course, for wonderful drinks and food.
Combining all of those is the focus of today’s blog and Tuesday’s. There is some great brainstorming going on out there and it benefits us all. Read on to find out how:
50 Ocean on a yearlong Great American Road Trip
This is taking special dinners to another level: Another state and another street. Executive Chef Thomas Op’t Holt at Delray Beach’s 50 Ocean will steer diners on a delicious Great American Road Trip that will last a year.
Each month, starting Aug. 7, Holt and his staff will take one day to explore the food and drinks of notable U.S. streets, starting with our own Atlantic Avenue. A portion of each dinner will benefit local charities, which is the icing on the cake.
The road trip dinner schedule is:
- Aug. 7, Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach
- Sept. 4, Calle Ocho, Miami
- Oct. 9, 42nd Street, New York City
- Nov. 6, Hanover Street, Boston
- Dec. 11, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills
- Jan. 8, 2020; Lombard Street, San Francisco
- Feb. 5, Bourbon Street, New Orleans
- March 4, Madison Avenue, New York City
- April 15, Miracle Mile, Chicago
- May 13, 6th Street, Austin
- June 10, The Strip, Las Vegas
- July 4, Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.
Fasten your seatbelts; it’s gonna be a great ride! Reservations are required, and ticket prices will vary for each dinner.
50 Ocean, 50 S. Ocean Blvd., Delray Beach; 561/278-3364; 50ocean.com
Toasts, Tastes & Trolleys gears up for October
Back by popular demand, Toasts, Tastes & Trolleys will take lucky folks on an extended dinner tour on Oct. 4. This benefits the Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum, and last year the event sold out quickly.
The cost is $125 per person, starts at 6 p.m. at the Boca Raton Resort & Club with Champagne and appetizers, then tours five restaurants for a progressive dinner and drinks. The tour ends up back at the BR Resort for dessert and dancing. Because the tickets sell out quickly, I’m letting you know about it now.
Buy tickets here: https://www.livingfla.com/event/toasts-tastes-trolleys/