It’s been nearly a week since the partial collapse of the Champlain Towers South condominium building in Surfside, FL. Our hearts go out to the victims, their families, and all affected by this tragedy. If you’re looking for ways to support survivors, victims’ families, and first responders, here are some of the best options.
- Direct Relief, in partnership with the Miami Heat, is collecting donations to provide healthcare services for survivors of the collapse and support first responders with needed equipment. https://secure.directrelief.org/site/Donation2?df_id=3997&mfc_pref=T&3997.donation=form1
- The South Florida branch of Food Rescue U.S. is assisting by providing meals to evacuees.
- GoFundMe has created a list of verified fundraisers to provide direct financial support to individuals and families impacted by the tragedy. https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/surfside-condo-collapse-fundraisers
- The Salvation Army is accepting donations to be used specifically for disaster relief in Surfside. https://give.helpsalvationarmy.org/give/166081#!/donation/checkout
- The Shul of Bal Harbour, a Surfside synagogue, has created a fund that will be distributed directly to victims and their families. https://thechesedfund.com/shulofbalharbour/miamitragedy
- The Support Surfside hardship fund has been established by Coral Gables Community Foundation, The Miami Foundation, the Miami Heat basketball team and more local organizations. https://supportsurfside.org/
- For those looking to volunteer in person, United Way of Miami-Dade County has a sign-up form for those who wish to assist in the response. https://portal.unitedwaymiami.org/Volunteer/QuickSearch.jsp