In the November-December issue we brought you a few holiday dinner classics. Here’s one more we love:
Roast pork and cranberry
- 1 boneless rolled pork roast (2.5 to 3 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cut roast in half and place in 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Everyone is crafting cocktails these days. Here’s an original holiday libation from cocktail connoisseur and Boca magazine fan Rick Poppell.
Raspberry Rosemary Gin Jingle
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 springs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 2 ounces gin
- Bottle of prosecco
- Rosemary sprig
In a large glass jar or shaker, add raspberries, rosemary sprigs and maple syrup. Use pestle and muddle to gently mash ingredients. Add ice, lemon juice and gin. Place a lid on top of shaker and shake for about 30 seconds to mix and chill iquid. Prepare iced cocktail glasses and then strain out contents of haker about halfway into glass. Top with prosecco. Garnish each glass with raspberries and a rosemary sprig.
—Rick Poppell, Mixmaster, New York City