We’re heading into crunch week for the holidays, and that means stress, a quickened pulse, anxiety, family and… time for a holiday cocktail roundup. Just looking at these gorgeous drinks will lower your blood pressure. Then there’s the drinking part. Plus, here are some recipes to try at home. Enjoy!
- Parched Pig, 4580 Donald Ross Road, Palm Beach Gardens; 561/360-3063; http://www.thecoolpig.com/ With great cocktails for the holidays (for example, the Mele Kalikimaka, $14, with Blackwell Dark Rum, Laird’s AppleJack, spice infused Aperol, pineapple/lime juice, cinnamon syrup, Peychaud’s and cinnamon bitters) – there are also some beautiful, refreshing mocktails here, including the Non-Cumbersome ($10; pictured above), with nonalcoholic botanical Seedlip Garden from the UK, cucumbers, cilantro, lime and brown sugar cubes, topped with soda water. You can’t miss.
- Bonefish Grill, all locations: Special holiday cocktails here include the Golden 75, a twist on the French 75 ($20), made with Grey Goose vodka, St. Germain, lemon and simple syrup, with sparkling wine and golden sugar rim. Plus, it’s paired with a bracelet in partnership with Bourbon & Bowties, while supplies last. Look for the Treasure Chest Old-Fashioned ($13.50), with Woodford Reserve, vanilla bean simple syrup, Angostura bitters, sprinkled with edible gold; and the Winter White Cosmo ($9.10), with Reyka vodka, St. Germain, white cranberry juice/lime juice (pictured above). The Cosmo recipe: 2 ounces vodka, .25 ounces Cointreau, .5 ounces fresh lime juice/simple syrup mixture, 1.5 ounces white cranberry juice and cranberries for garnish. Combine with ice in shaker, shake and strain into chilled martini glass, then top with cranberry garnish.
- Monkey Mixer, Java & Jam, 301 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954/353-3250: The Monkey Shoulder Whisky Mixer with 2,400 gallons of cocktails will be here on Dec. 18, from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Complimentary Mixed Up Monkey cocktails will be drawn from the built-in cocktail dispenser (mint, simple syrup, lemon juice and soda, plus the whisky).
- Sugar Factory, 1144 Ocean Dr., Miami; 917/327-8096; https://sugarfactory.com/location/ocean-drive-miami/ In the not-just-a-candy-store arena is Sugar Factory, which has enough candy to make dentists swoon, but also has a bar that mixes adult beverages with yummy stuff. Try the Santa’s Snowflake (pictured above) made from coconut rum (4 oz.), blue raspberry syrup (2 oz.), simple syrup (2 oz.) and pineapple juice (10 oz.) Or the Mistletoe Mule and Poinsettia Punch. For all you sweet-tooth folks.
- Bulla Gastrobar, two locations at 2500 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 5335 NW 87 Ave., Doral; https://bullagastrobar.com/locations/coral-gables/ The Spanish-style Bulla Gastrobar is offering the Winter Is Coming Sangria (pictured above) throughout December. Made from mulled wine, Triple Sec, brandy, orange juice and sprite.
- ADDiKT Modern Kitchen, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305/503-0373; https://www.marriott.com/hotels/ Part of the W Miami Marriott, on the 15th floor, this venue has a stunning view and a cocktail that’s meant to be a deconstructed Christmas tree. It looks too pretty for that, and probably tastes great. The Voir A Travers ($17,) is made with gin, Grand Marnier, St. Germain and rosemary and cinnamon syrup, topped with sauvignon blanc and garnished with a rosemary sprig, cinnamon stick and blueberries/raspberries.
- Verde, Perez Art Museum, 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305/375-3000; https://www.pamm.org/dining First, gaze at the great art here, then head to Verde for a Bloody Good Time ($12, pictured above) made with St. Germain, prosecco and blood orange mixture. Creativity all around!