This summer just might be the perfect time to take that long-awaited trip–and considering what the world has looked like over the past year or so, it’s safe to say we could all use a vacation right about now.
So whether you have existing plans or you’re just starting to consider that next big trip, of course, many destinations involve air travel.
And many people don’t realize they have more options than ever when it comes to arriving at the airport. For example, have you ever tried the train? Tri-Rail might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Let’s break down some of those options in more detail. You could …
1. Get a ride from a friend or family member.
If you have someone in your life who’s willing to give you a lift, awesome!
2. Go the ride-share route, or even call a traditional taxi.
This can be pricy, especially during peak hours, but it’s still a viable option.
3. Park at the airport.
Again, depending on where you park and the length of your stay, this might really add up, cost-wise, and take a toll on your wallet. But it’s certainly something people are known to do, and if you research off-site parking options, you might be able to find a reasonably priced lot that offers a shuttle to your airport, as well.
4. Take advantage of Tri-Rail.
Have you ever considered taking the train to the plane?
All three of South Florida’s major airports are accessible via Tri-Rail: Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
It’s easy and convenient. You can expect:
- Free parking at the train stations
- Low fares: Fares as low as $5, and weekends are a flat fee of $5 to ride all day. There are discounts available for seniors, students, big groups, children and people with disabilities. Learn more.
- Luggage racks on the trains
- WiFi onboard
- Easy connections
And you can download Tri-Rail’s app for real-time tracking.
This post is sponsored by the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority.