There are still some tickets left for the big events during the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Feb. 22-25, but you don’t have to spend big bucks to have fun. Plus, with the Fort Lauderdale Crave series, you don’t have to drive to Miami for everything either. Good news all around.
Here are some good deals that have tickets available. More events are listed on the SOBEWFF website. Go here for tickets.
- Feb. 22, 5 p.m. – Craft-y Happy Hour, hosted by Marc Murphy, Bodega Tacqueria y Tequila, 1220 16th St., Miami Beach: Celeb chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Marc Murphy hosts this party, which teaches you about small batch and artisanal spirits. Oh yes, you get to try them, too. Cost: $95 per person.
- Feb. 23, 10 p.m. – King’s Hawaiian and Taste of Aloha, Art of Tiki Cocktail Showdown, hosted by Anne Burrell: Burrell was fab last year in the SOBEWFF Fort Lauderdale Series, and this year hosts a tiki cocktail showdown. What’s not to love? You’ll also taste Hawaiian-inspired bites with your tiki tastings. Cost: $95 per person. Surfcomber, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Feb. 24, 8:30 a.m. – Barry’s Bootcamp and Bites, hosted by Robert Irvine: Another fave chef who has appeared in the SOBEWFF Fort Lauderdale Series, too, Irvine (pictured) is a genuinely nice guy and a lot of fun. He will be joined here by co-instructor Derek DeGrazio, who’s partner/head trainer for Barry’s Bootcamp Miami. There’s a morning workout, then bites and drinks. Cost: $50 per person. Go down, get a hotel (I was just at The Carillon on Miami Beach—amazing, beautiful and highly recommended) and live well! 1 Hotel South Beach, 2341 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Feb. 24 & 25, 10 a.m. – Badia Spices Fun and Fit as a Family: Take the entire family for one (or both!) days of food, fitness and learning. It gives kids the chance to learn the basics of a healthy lifestyle from celeb chefs, including Food Network’s Alton Brown and Robert Irvine. Cost: $24 per person. Museum of Science Museum Park, Downtown Miami, 1101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Feb 24 & Feb. 25, 10:30 a.m. – Buddhas and Bellinis: Dawn B, popular yoga teacher, leads a morning of yoga and relaxation and then you have bellinis and healthy bites. Cost $35 per person. Loews Miami Beach Hotel, 1601 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Feb. 24, 4 p.m. – Yappie Hour: Cookbook author and co-host of Food Network show, “The Kitchen,” Katie Lee and buddy Gus lead you through libations and snacks for those with two or four legs. Cost: $95 per person. Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Feb. 24, 5:30 p.m. – Rooftop Rose Happy Hour hosted by Kristin Cavallari: Sip on Whispering Angel rose and nosh on bites at the beachfront, where cookbook author Cavallari (married to Jay Cutler of the Dolphins) is your hostess. Cost: $75 per person. W Fort Lauderdale Bungalow, 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
- 25, 3 p.m. – Ocean Drive Grand Tasting Village: See fave chefs up close and personal, and walk through the array of scents and tastes from participating Miami restaurants. There’s more to drink and eat here than you’ll be able to finish. Cost: $100 per person.
Pictured above: Robert Irvine. Photo courtesy of SOBEWFF.
Lynn Kalber was raised in Boca Raton and has always worked in Palm Beach and Broward counties. She is a career journalist, with 26 years at The Palm Beach Post alone, where she wrote feature and food articles, edited the food section and wrote about wine as part of the Swirl Girls. She lives in West Palm Beach with her husband, writer and author Scott Eyman.