In a celebration of volunteerism, the Junior League of Boca Raton announced its 32nd Annual Woman Volunteer of the Year nominees for 2019.
The group will be announcing the winner from the 37 nominees on Nov. 8 at a luncheon at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. During the soiree, a fashion show will be presented by Saks Fifth Avenue and A.L.C. by Andrea Lieberman. Yves Saint Laurent is the 2019 Beauty Partner for the fashion show.
Amy Kazma is the event’s honorary chair and Nicole Mugavero and Lisa Warren are the event co-chairs.
This year’s nominees are:
- Judi Shuman, Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center
- Cheryl Van Hare, Alzheimer’s Association
- Jan Dymtrow, American Association of Caregiving Youth, Inc.
- Lori Castle, American Cancer Society
- Meryll Bangsil, Best Foot Forward Foundation
- Julianna Miron, Boca Ballet Theatre
- Mariebel Torres, Boca Helping Hands
- Pamela Higer-Polani, Boca Raton Brain Bowl (Alzheimer’s Brain Bowl)
- Sabrina Smith, Boca Raton Children’s Museum (ImagiNation at the Children’s Museum)
- Maria Di Pasquale, Boca Raton Christian School
- Joanne Barnes, Boca Raton Firefighter & Paramedic Benevolent
- Denise Alman, Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum
- Jane Katzen, Caridad Center
- Nilsa McKinney, Caring House Project Foundation
- Fran Nachlas, Connected Warriors
- Becky Knapp, CROS Ministries
- Sherry Thomas, Debbie Rand Memorial Service League
- Martine Pierre-Paul, Eat Better Live Better
- Gwen Collins, Faulk Center for Counseling
- Kelly Ferrarese, Florence Fuller Child Development Center Inc.
- Nancy Dockerty, George Snow Scholarship Fund
- Robyn Raphael-Dynan, Habitat for Humanity South Palm Beach County
- Aggie Stoops, HomeSafe
- Kim Beaumont, Impact 100 Palm Beach County
- Kirsten Stanley, Junior League of Boca Raton
- Julie Rudolph, Junior League of the Palm Beaches
- Lisa Ashley, KidSafe Foundation
- Marilynn Wick, National Society of Arts & Letters │ Florida East Coast Chapter
- Michelle Stallone, Pinkball
- Renee Feder, Place of Hope Rinker Campus
- Marilyn Wilson, Rotary Club Downtown Boca Raton
- Shaw Thomas, Speak Up for Kids Palm Beach County/Guardian ad Litem Program Palm Beach County
- Debbie Anderson, Spirit of Giving Network
- Jamie Levin, Student ACES
- Jeannette Stark, Unicorn Children’s Foundation
- Viviane Altef, Women’s Executive Club of South Palm Beach County
- Rosie Inguanzo-Martin, YMCA of South Palm Beach County, Boca.
Last year’s winner was Jeannettee DeOrchis, a volunteer with Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse.