For the 19th year, South Beach, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach will be the No. 1 gathering spot in the U.S. during February for chefs making every kind of food you can imagine. Ticket sales open tonight at midnight.
If you are a fan of a celebrity chef, local or national, chances are very good that chef will be here Feb. 19-23, 2020, for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. There are about 115 events scheduled from Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach. Ticket costs range from $35 for adults and $20 for kids at the Kidz Kitchen to $750 for a dinner and reception hosted by Martha Stewart, Michael White and Antonio Bachour. Luckily, there’s a whole list of events costing $100 and under, which is nice.
Palm Beach County, will star in two events this year:
- Dinner hosted by Katie Button (Asheville’s Curate), Martha Stewart and local celeb chef/restaurateur Clay Conley, Feb. 20, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Buccan, Palm Beach; cost $275. Promising a dinner that blends American, East Coast and Spanish flavors.
- Dinner hosted by Mauro Colagreco, Feb. 21, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Florie’s at Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach; cost $500. Colagreco’s Michelin-starred French restaurant, Mirazur, was named the 2019 Best Restaurant in the World, and he has put his name and talent into Florie’s, too.
And local celebrity chef and restaurateur Lindsay Autry (The Regional Kitchen & Public House, WPB) will be one of 60 chefs pairing food with wines at Miami Beach’s Fontainbleau, Feb. 21, from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. This walk-around event promises to provide great food and wine from some terrific chefs and wineries. Cost is $350.
But if you have $95 to $125 and want to eat well, have fun and meet some Food Names, new events include:
- Gospel & Falafel, hosted by Zak the Baker, with Chef Bradley Kilgore (Alter), Chef Val Chang (Itamae) and more; Feb. 20, 10 p.m.; $115.
- Sandwich Showdown, hosted by Jeff Mauro (pictured above) on Fort Lauderdale beach, Feb. 22, 11 a.m.; $125.
- Nu Deco Ensemble Evening of Wine, Food & Music, North Beach Bandshell, Miami Beach; Feb. 22, 8 p.m.; $95.
You don’t have to drive all the way to Miami Beach, with the Crave GFL series taking place in Broward. That includes:
- A dinner hosted by Cat Cora and Paula DaSilva, Feb. 22, at Burlock Coast, starting at 7 p.m.; $175.
- A brunch hosted by Katie Lee and Geoffrey Zakarian (pictured above), Feb. 23, at Point Royal in Hollywood, starting at 12:30 p.m.; $165.
Best of all, all of the net proceeds from SOBEWFF benefit FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Check out other event availability and prices at https://sobewff.org/
Want more food news?
Sign up for our Dish e-newsletter, where you’ll get the latest food and drink news delivered directly to your inbox.