I’m not quite sure how November crept up on us so quickly, but here we are! We parents are in this strange limbo where it’s not quite the holidays yet, but Halloween is officially in our rear view mirrors. Whether you’re ‘Team Turkey’ or already celebrating Santa in your home, there’s one thing we can all still agree on: How great it is to get outdoors and enjoy the glorious Florida fall weather!
Here are three unique ways to enjoy this month locally with your Boca kids…
Manatee Lagoon is Officially Open | November 1
More than just an opportunity to see manatees firsthand, Manatee Lagoon’s reopening on Monday, November 1st offers visitors a variety of exciting activities amidst Florida’s Manatee season, including free tours, educational lectures, arts & crafts and more! Some features of the 2021-22 season include:
- Enhanced outdoor walking pathways and an augmented reality solar exhibit.
- Waterfront Walks and Lagoonside Chats led by knowledgeable Manatee Masters along the Lake Worth Lagoon.
- Outdoor yoga led by certified instructors against the calming backdrop of Lake Worth Lagoon.
- Education and resources regarding the 2021 Manatee Unusual Mortality Event (UME) to support manatee rescue, rehabilitation and habitat restoration.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols, including additional outdoor seating in Manatee Lagoon’s new Adirondack seating section.
The center will be open seven days a week, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except for major holidays, until March 31, 2022, which marks the end of manatee season.
6000 N Flagler Dr, West Palm Beach
Holiday Fun at Rosemary Square | November
With the holidays just around the corner, Rosemary Square in West Palm Beach has announced their lineup focused on celebrating music and culture all season long! In addition to traditional photos with Santa (FINALLY!) and ornament-making classes, this year’s highlights include multicultural festivities ranging from Diwali to Hanukkah, musical performances from the Palm Beach Symphony and the King’s Academy, and Science FUNdamentals by the South Florida Science Center & Aquarium under the majestic 32-foot-tall Wishing Tree!
Here are some of Rosemary Square’s featured November events:
- Diwali Celebration with Rohi’s Readery by Urban Outfitters on November 6th from 4-5 p.m.
- Attend the Holiday Kickoff on November 13th and enjoy treats from Salty Donut pop-up, photos with Santa under The Wishing Tree, Ballet Florida performance on Water Pavilion West Palm and culminate the evening with a snowfall, The Wishing Tree lightshow and live music
- Kravis on Broadway kick off celebration on the lawn with family-friendly activities, pop-ups and performances on November 14th
- Holiday craft activity with Rhythm & Hues on Nov. 26th
Oh what fun it is to ride up to West Palm Beach this month!
700 S. Rosemary Ave. West Palm Beach
CP Group’s Annual Tree Lighting at BRIC | November 18
Holiday magic will “officially and brilliantly” ring in the holiday season here in Boca Raton as CP Group (formerly Crocker Partners) stages its Annual “Community” Holiday Tree Lighting event on November 18th, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30p.m., at Boca Raton Innovation Campus (BRIC). As guests arrive at the yuletide destination, they will drive through an illuminated “Snowflake Lane” into a winter wonderland of memory-making fun, festivities, entertainment and food in countdown to the lighting of a 40-foot Christmas tree donned in thousands of twinkling LED lights.
The event is free and open to the public (not to mention free parking) and benefits Spirit of Giving and the Junior League of Boca Raton. Be sure to bring a new and unwrapped toy to donate! WPTV Chief Meteorologist Steve Weagle is even serving as Emcee.
VIP tickets are available at $50/adult and $15/child (12 years and under) that provide access to a VIP hospitality tent featuring hors d’oeuvres and two open bars for the grownups. I hear there will also be a special “Kids Corner” featuring children’s treats and beverages. I can’t wait for this one!
4920 Conference Way N. Boca Raton
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! See you out and about, Boca parents!
Michelle Olson-Rogers is a mom of one and the founder of Modern Boca Mom, an award-winning lifestyle website for the stylish & modern South Florida Mommy. She can also be found on Instagram at @modernbocamom.