We have a theme this week, because Thanksgiving usually means gathering with family, and family meals can lead to cocktails. Or at least the thought of drinking. With that in mind, here are some playful and tasty options.
In 2014, a guy named Greg Boehm started the Miracle pop-up holiday bar in New York City. Meant to spread holiday cheer, today there are more than 100 pop-up locations around the world, including three in SoFla.
Along with creative cocktail names and recipes, the drinks are served in themed glassware that’s available for purchase. Then 10 percent of all glassware sales is donated to Action Against Hunger.
Starting this Wednesday, November 27th, the Death or Glory Miracle bar in Delray Beach and the Miracle on Rosemary in West Palm Beach’s Rosemary Square will be open daily from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., with a Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Delray location. There’s a menu of holiday themed dishes at both of these Miracles.
Fort Lauderdale opens its first Miracle on Nov. 27 at Java & Jam on Las Olas Boulevard. It will be open daily. Hours are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday-Tuesday, and 5 p.m. till midnight Wednesday-Saturday. During those hours, this venue will becoming “J & J Diner” with a holiday menu featuring classics such as meatloaf, chicken-fried steak, Reuben sandwiches and more.
But the best part of these pop-ups is deciding which cocktail to try. Just some of the lineup includes these:
- Bad Santa – rum, Batavia arrack, black chai tea, date-infused oat milk, vanilla syrup
- Jingle Balls Nog – brown butter and cinnamon fat-washed cognac, Amontillado sherry, almond milk, cream, sugar, egg, vanilla, nutmeg
- Run Run Rudolph – prosecco, gin, mulled wine puree, lemon, cane syrup
- Snowball Old-Fashioned — caramelized pecan bouron, spiced molasses syrup, wormwood bitters
- Koala-La La La, La La La La – gin, pine tea cordial, grapefruit oleo, eucalyptus bitters
- Two types of shots – The Nice shot with rum, peppermint, tea and chocolate; the Naughty shot, with bourbon and cinnamon
Miracle at Death or Glory, 116 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach; 561/808-8814; https://www.deathorglorybar.com/
Miracle on Rosemary, Rosemary Square, 550 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach; https://www.rosemarysquarewpb.com/west-palm-beach-restaurants/miracleonrosemary/
Miracle at Java & Jam, 301 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954/353-3250; http://java-jam.com