New restaurants continue to open in the midst of tough times. Most now offer outside dining to cope with safety measures and those (like me) who may not go back to inside dining until after the vaccine is spread around as well as the virus is now. Be careful, wear a mask, observe social distancing. Please stay safe!
In Rosemary Square, West Palm Beach; https://www.rosemarysquarewpb.com/west-palm-beach-restaurants
- Fish Bowl, at High Dive. While the Bearmans’ large, terrific restaurant here is not open for inside dining, they decided to bring a small pop-up truck to the large patio area. It’s a pop-up seafood eatery and offers quality small plates and drinks on a lush terrace.
- Barrio, Big Time Restaurant Group’s new culinary concept, is a covered outdoor experience with food and drink based on classic Latin neighborhood street food and a full bar that celebrates the classics, with hints of craft cocktail elements from your favorite tropical Latin destinations. This will be next door to City Cellar, also owned by The Group.
- Bonita’s is the next concept from Ricky & Niria Perez, the duo behind Zipitios, and will serve tacos, tostadas, and other treats. It’s another pop-up location, supposed to open by the end of the year across from H&M along Rosemary Avenue.
- Pura Vida will open Dec. 17 with an all-day breakfast, juices, smoothies, salads and generally an all-around healthy menu. With two locations in Miami, this is the first Pura Vida outside Miami-Dade County.
- Planta restaurant is expected to open in early 2021, and be the only location outside of Miami in Florida.
- On the books is True Food Kitchen, scheduled to open a 6,000-square-foot, restaurant specializing in health-conscious and seasonally inspired fare in 2021.
Charlie and Joe’s at Love Street, 1116 Love Street, Jupiter. This new space at Jupiter Inlet Village includes three restaurants and a seafood market. Built by Charlie Modica and Joe Namath, the market is called The Tacklebox, the restaurants are Lucky Shuck, an oyster bar, Beacon, an American grill and Topside, a rooftop bar with tapas. Planned opening is mid-January. Namath has lived in the area for more than 30 years.