Now that you have options to find dining discounts, here are some new things to try in the restaurant and food worlds. To help, you can find most of these on one of your new discount sites, so you can save money and dip a toe into new experiences without breaking the bank.
On the Living Social/Groupon sites, try these out:
- The Greek Festival in Boca Raton: From Jan. 23-26, there will be traditional Greek dancing, an international marketplace and lots of Greek food to enjoy at Saint Mark Greek Orthodox Church. This is the fest’s 28th year, and discount tickets – a four-day admission for two – are just $10.
- The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery: Held on Saturdays at the Hilton Palm Beach Airport in West Palm Beach, this entertainment/dinner combo features actors and “food-accompanied mystery and paranoia.” That means it’s an interactive evening that includes a four-course meal, with a prize to whoever comes closest to solving the mystery. The dinner shows are through Feb. 29 only. Discount tickets are $110, which gives two tickets to a show and includes “commemorative merchandise.”
- Boca Brewery Crawl: On Jan. 18, join fellow beer fans on a tour of four Boca breweries including Crazy Uncle Mike’s, Barrel of Monks Brewery, Prosperity Brewery and Mad Robot Brewery. This includes a BOGO deal at each brewery, and discounts on this site are $11 for one adult, or $18 for two.
- Wine box specials: The deals for buying a case or more of wine from smaller wineries are great prices and introduces you to new regions and new varietals.
- Beer of the month deals: Same goes for beer folks if you sign up for these discounted deals.
- A college care package of food/snacks includes shipping to your favorite college student.
- Wine club specials include The New York Times wine club and the Martha Stewart Wine Club, plus others from time to time.
- Food products: Buy blue crabs, beef, spices, oils and more on discounted deals.
- Cooking at home: Here is the chance to try HelloFresh, Healthy Xpress or other cook-at-home deals. You will be shipped all the ingredients, plus recipes and directions. Here’s a great chance to try new meals, new ingredients, new cooking techniques.
Want more food news?
Sign up for our Dish e-newsletter, where you’ll get the latest food and drink news delivered directly to your inbox.