Update: Due to inclement weather, the Tree Lighting & Holiday Extravaganza will be rescheduled to its rain date, this Friday, Nov. 17.
CP Group, the state’s largest office landlord, fosters a vibrant and engaging ecosystem at its Boca Raton Innovation Campus (BRiC), where year-round, it hosts and supports nonprofit fundraisers, cultural events, and community programming that annually draws tens of thousands to its campus.
In that spirit, CP Group’s annual marquee event kicks off the “most wonderful time of the year.” The first free Community Tree Lighting & Holiday Extravaganza of the 2023 holiday season in Boca Raton will take place Thursday, Nov. 16, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at BRiC.
New Programming, Additional Activities, Same Holiday Spirit
This year’s event features WPTV’s First Alert Chief Meteorologist Steve Weagle as emcee and delivers fun for the whole family, complete with a Santa meet-and-greet and the return of live reindeer. Exclusive magazine sponsor: Boca magazine; Exclusive TV sponsor: WPTV.
New activities and programming include:
- 12-foot-high Holiday Bounce House
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo featuring 20 sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, bunnies, cows.
- 360 Photobooth for festive “picture-perfect” captures
- ArtNEST Studios returns to “Santa’s Workshop” with a new activity: decorating bookmarks to use in favorite holiday books
- The VIP Tent will have passed hors d’oeuvres, carving station, and an additional bar; and “Kids Corner” will include a S’mores station and private face painter
- New performances and featured partners on stage
Keeping With Tradition, Your Favorites Will Also Return
As eventgoers enter BRiC through an illuminated “Snowflake Lane,” they will enjoy a spectacular winter wonderland of memory-making fun, activities, selfie and group photo opportunities—and food. All are in joyful anticipation of the lighting of the evening’s centerpiece, the bedecked 40-foot Christmas tree adorned with thousands of twinkling LED lights and hundreds of ornaments. Crowd-pleasing interactive entertainment will be led by Celebrity DJ Dennis Michael Stelling (who has opened for John Mayer and others) following community choir, acapella, and dance performances.
Other “can’t-miss” activities and programs include*:
- Meet-and-greet with Santa and his live reindeer! Santa’s official photographer print out free commemorative photos for eventgoers.
- Festive Countdown to the 2023 Official Christmas Tree Lighting, flipping the switch on thousands of twinkling LED lights.
- Santa’s Workshop, a kid-friendly tent with letters to Santa organized by the Boca Raton Historical Society & The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum.
- LED Cirque Performers, on-stage and roaming, featuring mesmerizing levels of risk balancing and a Hula Hoop contortionist spinning and juggling.
- Face Painting
- Holiday-themed performances by:
- West Boca Raton Community High School Choral Group: CALLIOPE
- Grandview Preparatory School AcaPride and Extensions music students
- Organic Movements Dance School (presenting selection from “The Nutcracker”)
- Food Truck Lane offering diverse menus.
- Cash Bars serve up beer, cocktails, coffees, hot chocolate.
* programming subject to change
It’s Florida, So There’s a Rain Date!
Should inclement weather affect the event date, a rain date is set for the next day, Friday, Nov. 17. Weather-related updates will be posted on workatbric.com/events and the registration page on Eventbrite with notices sent to all registrants…so be sure to RSVP.
Admission is Pure Philanthropy
General admission is free with an unwrapped new toy or monetary donation to Spirit of Giving, collected at check-in.
VIP Tent tickets are $50 per adult, $15 per child 16 years and younger; 100% of sales benefit Junior League of Boca Raton. Tent tickets sell out, so secure yours now while available.
For event updates, RSVPs for general admission or VIP Tent ticket purchases, visit https://CPGrouptreelighting2023.eventbrite.com.