It’s the time of year when a lot of restaurants in our area held their collective breath, as the annual Wine Spectator awards were announced July 2.
In Palm Beach County, we have 34 award winners, which are listed below. Last year there were 32, but that doesn’t mean all 32 kept their awards this year. In fact, two fell off: Angle restaurant at Eau Palm Beach, and Meat Market Palm Beach.
Newcomers to the list were Boca’s New York Prime, The Regional Kitchen & Public House (West Palm Beach), Okeechobee Steakhouse (West Palm Beach) and La Masseria (Palm Beach Gardens). Our sister city to the south gained an award with Deerfield Beach’s Oceans 234 making the list, alongside Chanson’s, which has been on the list since 2017.
You’ll notice that one of the award winners has closed already, Truluck’s in Boca. While it’s rare that a venue on this awards list closes, it does happen.
Wine Spectator grants three different award levels: Grand Award, Best of Award of Excellence, and Award of Excellence. For chain restaurants, each location earns the award on its own—it’s not a chain-wide award – so you’ll see multiples of The Capital Grille, Seasons 52 and Ruth’s Chris Steak House on the list.
Here’s what I wrote about the 2017 awards, and here are the 2018 winners. Please congratulate them, and grab a glass or bottle from their award-winning cellars while you’re at it!
WEST PALM BEACH, PALM BEACH
- City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill, 700 Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach
- Morton’s The Steakhouse, 777 S. Flagler Dr., West Palm Beach
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 651 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach
- **The Regional Kitchen & Public House, 651 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach – Award of Excellence
- Trevini Ristorante, 290 Sunset Ave., Palm Beach
- Flagler Steakhouse, The Breakers, 2 S. County Road, Palm Beach
- HMF at The Breakers, 2 S. County Road, Palm Beach
- Café Boulud, 301 Australian Ave., Palm Beach
- Café l’Europe, 331 S. County Road, Palm Beach
- **Okeechobee Steakhouse, 2854 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach – Award of Excellence
- Marcello’s La Sirena, 6316 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach
- 3800 Ocean, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island, 3800 N. Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach
DELRAY BEACH, BOYNTON BEACH
- 50 Ocean, 50 S. Ocean Blvd., Delray Beach
- Village Tavern, 1880 N. Congress Ave., Boynton Beach
- Prime Catch, 700 E. Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach
- Arturo’s Restaurant, 6750 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton
- Abe & Louie’s, 2200 Glades Road, Boca Raton
- **New York Prime, 2350 NW Executive Center Dr., Boca Raton – Award of Excellence
- Seasons 52, 2300 NW Executive Center Dr., Boca Raton
- Morton’s, The Steakhouse, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton
- Truluck’s, 351 Plaza Real, Boca Raton (now closed)
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 225 NE Mizner Blvd., Boca Raton
- Casa D’Angelo, 171 E. Palmetto Road, Boca Raton
- La Nouvelle Maison, 455 Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton
- Trattoria Romana, 499 E. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton
- Lucca Trattoria, Boca Raton Resort & Club, 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton
NORTH PALM BEACH COUNTY
- **La Masseria, 5520 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens – Award of Excellence
- The Cooper, 4610 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens
- Café Chardonnay, 4533 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Garden
- The Capital Grille, 11365 Legacy Ave., Palm Beach Gardens
- Seasons 52, 11611 Ellison Wilson Road, Palm Beach Gardens
- **Evo Italian, 150 U.S. Highway 1, Tequesta – Award of Excellence
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 661 U.S. Highway 1, North Palm Beach
- Captain Charlie’s Reef Grill, 12846 U.S. Highway 1, Juno Beach
- **Oceans 234, 234 N. Ocean Blvd., Deerfield Beach – Award of Excellence
- Chanson, Royal Blues, 45 NE 21stAve, Deerfield Beach
** Designates new 2018 award winners
Want more food news?
Sign up for our Dish e-newsletter, where you’ll get the latest food and drink news delivered directly to your inbox.