I can only imagine what the dancers are thinking these days. In one month, they will be dancing before a crowd of 800 people at the Boca Resort, spray-tanned and blinged out, smiles on their faces, the music they have memorized blaring away as they execute a routine they could (almost) do in their sleep.
The Big Night is a month away (Friday, Sept. 14) and not only the dancers are gearing up. The community is also getting ready for the Big Party, the culmination of Summer 2018—and the event that no one misses in Boca Raton. This year, the 11th annual Boca Ballroom Battle (held at the Boca Resort) is almost a month later, so everyone is here—back from summer vacations, taking kids up to college, etc. etc. The crowd is expected be bigger than ever, and it’s time to nail down those seats before it’s sold out.
This “Dancing With The Stars”-inspired event , in which eight community leaders are paired with dance pros to learn a routine they will perform, awards the mirrored ball trophy to the dancer who has raised the most money for the event’s charity, The George Snow Scholarship Fund.
The 2018 Boca’s Ballroom Battle community dancers are:
- Samir Changela, owner, Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
- Nancy Dockerty, Director, Dockerty Romer & Co.
- Matthew Maschler, Broker-Associate, Realtor, Signature Paradise Florida Properties, LLC.
- Dr. Cristina Mata. VP, Chief Medical Officer, Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- Jamie M. Rosemurgy, mother/volunteer/real estate investor
- Tracy Tilson, President, TilsonPR
- Joseph W. Veccia, President, Veccia Consulting
- Christopher B. Warren, Partner, Lawless, Edwards & Warren Wealth Management