There are dozens and dozens of New Year’s Eve events and dining specials in SoFla, and here’s a list of just some of them. With the festivities taking place from Palm Beach County down to Miami, Brightline is giving you a solution to that “But I don’t want to drive that far” problem.
After New Year’s Eve, Brightline will have two train departures going north—technically departing on Jan. 1—at 12:45 a.m. and 2 a.m.
Then its 2019 schedule also changes as of that day:
- Adds morning departures from West Palm Beach to Miami, at 6 a.m., 6:30 a.m., 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- Additional afternoon departures from Miami to West Palm Beach, at 4:40 p.m., 5:10 p.m., 5:40 p.m.
- First train from Miami to West Palm Beach in the morning leaves at 6:40 a.m., arriving at WPB at 7:55 a.m.
- Last train from West Palm Beach to Miami leaves at 9:30 p.m.
- Departures every two hours from West Palm Beach starting at 8 a.m.
- Additional trains from West Palm Beach at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.; departing trains from Miami north at 1:10 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.
All of these new hours certainly allows time and ease for you to try some new restaurants in different counties. New year, new venues!
Tickets on sale for Flavors in Boca Raton
The boutique food and wine event known as Flavors in Boca Raton will be Feb. 7, 2019. Hosted by the Junior League of Boca Raton, more than 30 restaurants will participate, and the fact that it’s at extraordinary venue, The Addison, only adds to the promise of this event.
With a “Jetset” theme, the live performances promise to be high-flying fun, along with a silent auction and open bar.
Pre-sale ticket price for general admission, starting at 6:30 p.m. that night, is $70 per person. But you only have until Dec. 31 for that price; after that the cost is $85 per person. Find tickets here.
VIP admission starts at 6 p.m., with a designated area/bar and restroom, extra food and drink vendors, swag bag and more. Cost is $125 per person.
Want more food news?
Sign up for our Dish e-newsletter, where you’ll get the latest food and drink news delivered directly to your inbox.