If having bacon and bourbon in one place sounds like a dream come true, head out to the Wellington Amphitheater March 23 to 25 for the third annual Bacon & Bourbon Fest.
Plus, admission is free, so what’s not to like?
The delectable seminars offered each day require purchasing tickets and cover a lot of different subjects—all around bourbon, of course.
- March 23, 6 p.m., Interactive Cocktail creation seminar with David Ortiz, $40 per person. Create a Manhattan and old-fashion bourbons. Drinks provided by Executive Chef Bruce Feingold of Dada & Dubliner.
- March 23 at 8 p.m. – Sazerac Portfolio with Kyle Wilson, Cost: $60: bourbon tasting involving EH Taylor Single Barrel, Stagg Jr., Sazerac Rye, Blantons, 1792 Single Barrel Pairing.
- March 24, noon – Sazerac Portfolio with Kyle Wilson, Cost: $50 per person.
- March 24, 2 p.m. – Buffalo Trace Distillery Proof Tasting Tour, $65
- March 24, 4 p.m. – Low to High Rye, cost: $60
- March 24, 6 p.m. – Interactive cocktail creation seminar with David Ortiz, cost $40
- March 25, noon – Bottomless Bourbon Bloody Mary lunch, cost: $75 per person.
To go with the interesting bourbons on hand, try some Forever Roasted BBQ Pork & Bacon sandwiches, or a Bacon Ice Cream Sundae with bourbon and caramel sauce. And everything in between. Games will be set up, so you can try Jenga, checkers and a pig race game.
Days and times are March 23, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.; March 24, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; March 25, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Seminar ticket sales end on March 16. There will be free parking and shuttle service to the event from The Mall at Wellington Green (Nordstrom/west side).
Village of Wellington Community Center & Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd. in Wellington; baconbourbonfest.com
Lynn Kalber was raised in Boca Raton and has always worked in Palm Beach and Broward counties. She is a career journalist, with 26 years at The Palm Beach Post alone, where she wrote feature and food articles, edited the food section and wrote about wine as part of the Swirl Girls. She lives in West Palm Beach with her husband, writer and author Scott Eyman.